Apply By: March 17, 2022
Economic Development is not new to Mistawasis Nehiyawak. It has always been based on the need to provide for the community, but also driven by a better quality of life. What culturally and historically started as being keepers of the land, grew to a trading industry, and has evolved into modern day business. It was with this mindset that Mistawasis Nehiyawak started their journey to become a business ready entity that would provide financial stability as well as work opportunities for the Nation.
We are looking for a Board Director to join our team based in Saskatchewan.
About the Opportunity
This specific Board Director position term is ending January 29, 2024. The group has staggered terms for positions two and three years. Misty Ventures has made some very positive investments in the last five years and activities have grown. It is an exciting time with a new development corporation that has moved quickly and efficiently to create a sustainable organization.
- Reviewing and approving governance documents as required such as but not limited to annual budget, financial statements, policy and procedures, administration, external audit, strategic plan, loans, business transactions, and annual reports.
- Meet on a quarterly basis unless special meeting are requested to respond to the demand of business activity and governance.
- Understand and adhere to the Mission, Vision, and Goals of the organization.
- Supporting, appointing, and evaluating the President/CEO of the organization.
- Overseeing Risk Management.
- Sign a Code of Conduct and disclose any Conflict of Interests.
- Could be requested to be signing officer for the corporation or financial controls.
- Represent Misty Ventures and Mistawasis Nehiyawak in a positive manner.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Open to general public interest.
- Previous experience working with for profit Board.
- Must be willing to provide a Criminal Record check upon request.
- Understanding of Economic Development in First Nation communities.
- Post secondary training in any field that is relevant to the business environment of Misty Ventures.
- The ability to understand financial literacy.
- Knowledge and network of the broader business community.
- The ability to attend meetings during business hours when needed.
Submit your resume and cover letter to:
All selected qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview, and any questions please email to above contact.