Apply by: Feb. 23, 2024
Mistawasis Awasisak Haven is presently seeking: Full Time, Part Time and Casual Child Care Workers. (2 Full-time & 3 Part-time).
The Home is located in the town of Leask, Saskatchewan and under the authority of Child & Family Services, Mistawasis Nehiyawak.
Reporting to the Home Manager the Child Care Worker is responsible for following approved policies for the day-to-day operations of the Community Home. The Child Care worker will be part of a team that will continue in the ongoing development of providing a safe nurturing environment for the children. The Child Care Worker will provide the parenting role, supervision, and personal care to the children and youth in the home. The Child Care Worker will assess and respond effectively to the short and long term plan and intervention needs of the child/ren and family. The Child Care Workers will become familiar with and abide by the provincial legislation, policies and procedures of the Ministry of Social Services Residential Services along with the Mistawasis Nehiyawak Personnel Policy and Procedures.
The Child Care Worker will have experience working as a team member in program and service delivery together with strong organizational, interpersonal and communicational skills. The Child Care Worker will establish effective working relationships with co-workers, children, youth and families.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills;
- Ability in working with children 0-11 years old
and their families;
- Healthy lifestyle reflecting positive role modeling,
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle;
- Must be able to provide a Canadian Criminal Record Check including a vulnerable sector check ;
- Standard First Aid, AED & CPR certification considered an asset;
- Willing to take all necessary training;
- Knowledge of First Nations beliefs, values, languages, customs and perspectives;
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and to work well in a team environment;
- Must be a team player;
- Must be able to do shift (rotational) work the Community Home is open 24 hours a day;
- Other assets include: Suicide Intervention ASIST Training, Safe Food Handling Training, Crisis Intervention Training
- Other duties as required.
- Interested applicants are required to provide a current criminal record check and child abuse record check with resume.
- Certificate/Diploma in Early Childhood development/ Degree and /or related education in the human resource field
- 1-2 year’ experience in a group home setting, and with children and youth 0-11 years
- Must be 18 years +
Please submit cover letter, resume along with 3 references to:
Leask, Sask S0J 1M0
While all applications are appreciated, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.