Department: Education Department
Apply By: February 7th, 2022 at 4pm.
The childcare worker is responsible for providing a safe and developmentally appropriate daycare programs for the children in accordance with all relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
• Develop linkages for all programs and services within Mistawasis Nêhiyawak
• Develop and implement a program for young children
• Plan and implement activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of the children in the program
• Provide weekly and monthly schedules of activities
• Develop culturally appropriate programs and activities
• Be familiar with emergency procedures
• Ensure children are supervised at all times
• Provide various experiences and activities for children including songs, games and story telling
• Provide opportunities for sleep and rest time
• Build children’s esteem
• Establish routines and provide positive guidance
• Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable
• Implement positive discipline when required
• Clearly and effectively communicate in a manner that children understand
• Maintain program administration
• Keep parents informed of program expectations, program activities and their child’s progress
• Develop and maintain current, accurate and confidential files
•Minimum Early Childhood Education Orientation.
• Understanding and Awareness of local Cultural milieu.
• Person that leads a “healthy” life-style. Mandatory Drug and Alcohol Testing Required.
• Applicant must possess a good “attitude.”
• Ability to work as a team member.
• Ability to follow directions and to work independently.
• Other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
• Must have a valid Saskatchewan drivers license and reliable vehicle and meet community insurance requirements;
• Must be eligible to receive a current, original Canadian Criminal Record Check (CPIC) and Automated Child Abuse Record check ;
Please submit cover letter, resume, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax 306-466-2361
For further information contact:
Iron Buffalo Centre
(306) 466-2390 ext 302