Apply by: Open until filled
Under the shared supervision of the Director of Education and Manager Iron Buffalo Centre (IBC), the Administrative/Finance Clerk will provide administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective and efficient administrative operations. The Administrative/Finance clerk must comply with the Financial Management Regime of the Mistawasis First Nation.
The Administrative clerk reports to the Manager IBC and is responsible for providing administrative and clerical services to the Education, and IBC Departments.
- Provide administrative support and clerical services in order to ensure effective and efficient office operations
- Word processes all manuscripts, letters, documents, and proposals
- Prepares payroll documentation, payment request, purchase order request and all other required financial documents as required for financial contribution agreements and proposal documents
- Prepares and processes all new employee and existing employee information
- Transcribes formats, inputs, edits, retrieves, copies and transmits correspondence, documents, data and graphics
- Prepares and documents personnel file documents-resumes, leave request, documented information pertinent to file
- Perform other related duties as assigned and directly related to above noted responsibilities as clarified with Supervisor
- Business or Office Administration Certificate and minimum 2 years experience in an administrative support or finance position
- Reliable and dependable
- Able to manage multiple responsibilities and tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Committed team player who will proactively support other team members
- Solid knowledge of the Canadian labor market, Canadian workplace practices, job search strategies and techniques
- Familiar with return-to-work strategies, life skills, employment training and counseling
- Strong outreach, organizational, and team work skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills, excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications required
- Experience with Xyntax software system would be an asset
- Person that leads a “healthy life-style”, Fit for Duty.
- Ability to work well with others, follow direction & work independently
- Requires the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Acceptable Criminal Record check is mandatory for the position.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to:
Iron Buffalo Centre
Leask, SK S0J 1M0