Reports to: Principal or Designate
Apply By: Opened until filled
Chief Mistawasis School & Mistawasis Nêhiyawak High School are currently seeking professional individuals for the 2023-2024 academic year; these are yearly term contracts subject to educational funding.
The educational assistant will be part of a team teaching approach with a major focus on special needs; and include individualized/small group instruction, life skills, computer-assisted instruction, and problem-solving.
- Grade 12 standing or equivalency
- Early Childhood Orientation or equivalent
- Training in child development and/or comparative training
- Willing to take further training- REQUIRED
- Experience with children in a school setting
- Understanding and Awareness of local Cultural milieu
- Applicants must possess a good “Attitude” and be able to take Direction.
- Willing and able to work with children with diverse and specific needs
- Individual with PATIENCE and INITIATIVE/WILLINGNESS TO ADAPT
- Class 5 Driver’s license is an asset
- MUST live a healthy life-style –Drug and Alcohol Testing will be required.
Successful applicant will be required to submit a Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Search
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter, resume and three professional references
Applications can be forwarded to:
Leask, Sask S0J 1MO
Fax: (306) 466-2299
Please Note: While all applications are appreciated, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.