Reports To: Finance Controller
Apply By: Opened until filled
The Finance Clerk is responsible for and performs the day to day processing of accounts payable transactions and assists to ensure that First Nation finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner for all Mistawasis Nêhiyawak departments.
The Finance Clerk provides administrative support in order to ensure effective and efficient office operations and may assist in payroll functions in order to ensure staff are paid in an accurate and timely manner.
The Finance Clerk is responsible for the timely processing and distribution of purchase orders and ensures the requisition process is according to established policies and procedures.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to conduct oneself in a professional and confident manner
- Ability to work independently and interdependently when needed
- Adherence to confidentiality provisions surrounding financial information
- Must be bondable
- Business course in bookkeeping or equivalent education considered an asset
- 1-3 year administration or financial administration experience would be considered an asset
- Combination of education and experience will be considered
- Knowledge of Microsoft office (Excel, Word, ect.)
- Familiarity with Xyntax or other accounting software considered an asset
- CPIC required
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your qualifications along with three (3) references to:
Taylor Landry, Director of HR
Fax: (306) 466-2299