Apply By: Open until filled
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Iron Buffalo Centre, The Income Assistance Administrator works directly with on-reserve clientele to ensure that eligible individuals and families residing on-reserve receive funds to cover the basic expenses of daily living and to support their transition to self-sufficiency.
- Providing financial assistance to persons in need according to the Income Assistance Policy & Procedures Manual.
- Referring clients who are ineligible for Income Assistance, or those requiring further counselling to other programs or agencies
- Creating and maintaining financial documents
- Verifying that documentation is correct and complete
- Maintaining all individual client documents in a confidential and secure manner
- Monthly Reporting to Indigenous Services Canada in a timely manner
Qualifications and Skill
- Social Work degree or relevant humanities degree preferred and /or 2 years’ experience in income assistance or similar role
- Person that leads a “healthy life-style”, Fit for Duty.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to follow direction & work independently
- Comfortable with use of technology
- Experience with Xyntax software system would be an asset
- Requires the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Criminal Record check with vulnerable sector is mandatory for the position.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and three professional reference to:
Leask, SK S0J 1M0
Please note: While all applicants are appreciated, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.