Dr. Ibrahim Khan, Regional Medical Health Officer for First Nations Inuit Health Branch-Sask Region, Indigenous Services Canada, Government of Canada with an update on the Omicron Variant.
Protect yourself and others. Stop the spread.
- Limit the size of gatherings and only include those who are vaccinated. If possible, meet outdoors. The risk of transmission of the virus is much lower when gathering outside.
- Limit travel.
- If you have any symptoms of COVID, get tested.
- If you are sick, do not host a gathering and do not attend a gathering. Stay home if you are ill.
- Get fully vaccinated
- Wear a well-fitting mask whenever you are with people from outside your household and social distance.
- If you are high risk for being ill from COVID-19 or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, wearing a medical mask or N95 respirator is recommended.
- Wash your hands or use an alcohol-based sanitizer often.