Department: Administration and Finance
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Employment Term: Permanent Full-Time
Apply By: Open until filled
The Receptionist is responsible for performing all front-office administrative duties that are key to the successful operation of the office. Primary responsibilities include greeting visitors, answering phone calls, and serving as a communication conduit between the public and other office staff. Excellent customer service is required at all times.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Facilitating Visitor Check-In and Check-Out
● Welcome visitors upon their arrival. Directs visitors to destination, or provide check-in instructions and directions for where to wait until their appointment.
● Inform the appropriate staff members of visitor arrivals.
● Monitor waiting room activity to ensure visitor comfort.
● Ensure covid measures are followed
Scheduling Appointments and Communication
● Answer, screen, and direct telephone calls (multiple lines) and e-mails from the public and business associates.
● Provide information via phone or e-mail about the facility to the public.
● Take and pass on accurate messages to office staff.
● Ensure the filing rooms are organized and cleaned
● Assist finance with the filing of accounting records and ensure the finance files are archived in an appropriate manner at the building where these files are kept.
● Receive or direct general deliveries.
● Process incoming and outgoing mail and emails.
● Photocopy, fax and scan documents.
● Maintain the reception area.
● Order and maintain office supplies.
● Open and close the office according to posted hours of operation.
● Contact emergency services when required and facilitate their access to the facility.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE)
● Minimum of a high school certificate
● Customer service experience
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS AND ABILITIES / ATTRIBUTES
● Proficiency in MS Office Suite (especially Word).
● Record-keeping experience or abilities – includes good reading and writing skills.
● Comprehensive knowledge of the First Nation culture and heritage is an asset.
● Effective communication and excellent interpersonal skills.
● Ability to work in a team environment.
● Must agree to drug testing as outlined in the Mistawasis Nêhiyawak Fit For Duty Policy.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter, resume and references to:
Director of Human Resources
Box 250, Leask, Sask., S0J 1M0
Phone: 466-4800 ext.237